What is involved in the annual inspection of the AA Certified Programme?
We are committed to helping garages up and down the country to pass our inspection. AA-certified garages are those that demonstrate immense expertise and customer care. Being AA-certified is a significant boost to any garage or dealership – giving potential customers confidence in your operations. Nevertheless, an AA Certified inspection is not something a garage should feel that it should take on alone and without guidance, it is a big commitment.
The AA offers templates and advice available to help you through every step of the AA Certification Inspection. The AA’s highly experienced inspectors will also guide you through the process on the day.
The AA Certified inspection is a rigorous process. It needs to be to maintain the impeccable standards of workmanship and customer service we demand for our Members. At the end of the inspection, your garage will have achieved the standards and practices we look for in the motor industry, giving our Members peace of mind when choosing a garage for Service, Maintenance and Repair work.
It is a great achievement to be celebrated and proud of.
Enquire about becoming an AA Certified Garage
To enquire about becoming AA Certified please complete the form and a member of our team will be in touch soon. Alternatively, call us on 01235 250 133.
Features of the AA Certified Garage inspection
Garages that wish to be AA-certified must first meet the following mandatory requirements at the time of inspection in order to achieve a pass. It is recommended that you check these requirements first before arranging your inspection:
- Motor Trade and Public Liability Insurance
- An active subscription to an ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) provider – ask us if you need more info (We can send you a list)
- Ramps/Lifting Equipment Certificates
- Compressor/ Air Receiver Certificates
- Fire Risk Assessment (Please see the link below for examples)
- Fire equipment – serviced, in date
- Risk Assessment (Please see the link below for examples)
- First Aid kit including Eye Wash – in date
- COSHH (Safety Data Sheets from your Suppliers)
Read on to discover the areas we cover in our 90+ point checklist throughout the day of your inspection. Your sales manager will advise you on this before the inspection takes place.
- Premises and Reception
- Advertising and Information
- Booking Process and Information
- Complaints Handling
- VHC and Systems
- Billing Process
- Quality Control
- Staff Qualification and Training
- Workshop and Equipment
- Completed Work
- Website and Subscriber Details on Garage Guide Website
- Vehicle Inspection (Please have at least one vehicle available for inspection)
Note: At the end of each inspection, we also require garages to adhere to our Garage Promise
Additional Benefits of the Certified programme
- Get Electric vehicle safety training from the IMI and a free Chargemaster POLAR point, read more
- Inclusion as a recommended local garage in our Member reminder emails for MOTs, Servicing and repairs MOT/SMR (when applicable geographically)
- Demonstrate your commitment to delivering exceptional customer experience by adhering to the Garage Promise
The subscription is a fixed amount, paid monthly, on a 12 month term, payable via direct debit. The fee includes the provision of the physical and digital branding materials outlined above; annual inspection, and dedicated account management to help you make the most of your association with our trusted brand. Your subscription will commence on the day of the first payment.