Case studies > GSF Motorworks
GSF Motorworks passes the Certified Inspection with 100% pass rate
GSF Motorworks joined the AA Certified garage programme in April 2017, and passed with an impressive score of 95%. Its only minors were around consignment waste management, evidence available of staff qualifications, and calibration certificates for tools.
Business owner, Yannis Papalexopoulos saw this as a perfect challenge to bring improvements to practise at the garage, and he did just that pushing the business to achieve a perfect 100% score in it’s recent re-inspection this year in May 2018. “It was our mission to improve on last year’s inspection score as we are committed to continuous improvement with our practices. We are very happy with the 100% pass we got this year, and will work hard to maintain this, we believe the AA Certified status is the strongest accreditation to have in the Industry”.
GSF Motorworks’ results since joining Certified Programme
- Pass rate: 100%
- Bookings: 146
- Profile Views: 984
- Phone calls: 166
- Tow-ins: 7
GSF Motor Works was established in Wandsworth in 2007 and is now is a large independent garage serving Central and South-West London. View their garage profile
What are the common reasons for failed Certified Inspections
The Certification inspection is a rigorous 90+ point check looking at the following areas.
- • Premises and Reception
- • Advertising and Information
- • Booking Process and Information
- • Complaints Handling
- • VHC and Systems
- • Billing Process
- • Quality Control
- • Staff Qualification and Training
- • Workshop and Equipment
- • Completed Work
- • Website and Subscriber Details on Garage Guide Website
- • Vehicle Inspection (Please have at least one vehicle available for inspection)
Mima Rybnaska, Head of the Certified programme said ‘We are mostly seeing the reason for garages failing is for health and safety, which is essential, as every year they are reports of accidents happening because lifting equipment in not properly maintained.
Other areas for failure include Fire risk assessment and public liability and Motor Trade Insurance which are also critical in a garage workshop environment.
Getting through the AA Inspection
If you are thinking of embarking on the Certified programme, it’s good to know that we have templates and advice available to help you through every step of the inspection and our highly experienced inspectors will guide you through the process on the day.
These are mandatory requirements, it’s good to check you have these first:
- • Motor Trade and Public Liability Insurance
- • Active subscription to an ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) provider – ask us if you need more info ( We can send you a list)
- • Ramps/Lifting Equipment Certificates
- • Compressor/ Air Receiver Certificates
- • Fire Risk Assessment (Please see the link below for examples)
- • Fire equipment – serviced, in date
- • Risk Assessment (Please see the link below for examples)
- • First Aid kit including Eye Wash – in date
- • COSHH (Safety Data Sheets from your Suppliers)
A New Industry Standard
The AA Certification is quickly being recognised by our Members with many more now choosing garages because they carry the AA branding, and sign of standards that they expect.
We are being very tough on garages, because as well as improving standards, we are helping to improve the safety of the technicians while working on vehicles, that we hope all garages will aspire to.
Enquire about becoming an AA Certified Garage
To enquire about becoming AA Certified please complete the form and a member of our team will be in touch soon.
Alternatively call us on 0808 274 4471.