Why do I need to provide my V5C reference?

FAQ Motorist

In order for us to import up to 10 year’s of your vehicle’s MOT history, we need you to confirm the V5C (or ‘log book’) document reference number. Alternatively, you can input your vehicle’s last MOT certificate number.
We can then import into your Automyze account, up to 10 year’s MOT history and advisory notes on your vehicle.
Rest assured, we encrypt the V5C number, as it’s private information, so its entirely secure and we will never reveal this to anyone.
You can find the V5C reference number on your Vehicle Registration Certificate – this helpful picture shows you where to find the correct reference number on the document.